Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"From Dust We Came..."

"...To Dust We Shall Return."

I had planned to post the "10 Weird Things About Me" meme today, but sadly, I have to report that a quiet, lurking, reader of my blog, passed away this past Sunday.

Paul was Mrs Gunfighter's supervisor.

They had worked together, to great effect, for several years. Together, with their unit, they produced several well-received educational videos on subjects such as "Terrorism: War Without Borders", the "History of Diplomacy", and "Today in Washington: The Media and Diplomacy", among others.

Paul was a quiet, private, man. He was a diligent Historian, and an effective manager. He devoted his entire professional life to the service of his country. He leaves behind his adult children, as well as many colleagues and people who respected him.

Mrs. Gunfighter turned him on to my blog several weeks ago, and by her reports, he enjoyed it.

Godspeed, Paul. We'll see you on the other side.

Shalom,

GF

10 comments:

Lawyer Mama said...

I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of his family.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, my prayers are with you and his family.

PunditMom said...

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. We'll be thinking of his family, as well as yours.

Anonymous said...

That was a very nice tribute to him.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Best to his family and friends.

Zanne said...

So sorry, he sounds like he was a lovely man.

Middle Girl said...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your families.

Peace Be With You.

soccer mom in denial said...

My thoughts also go to Mrs. Gunfighter. Work will be a bit lonelier without him. I've struggled after the death of colleagues. Give her some extra hugs GF!

The Thinking Black Man said...

Hey GUNFIGHTER.

Man, I'm very sorry for you and MRS> GUNFIGHTERS loss.

Life is such a precious thing...

My prayers will be with his family.

Gunfighter said...

Thanks, all.

I'm sure she has probably read all of your comments, by now... and I am certain that she appreciates them.

GF