Wednesday, November 28, 2007

An Interview

Hello all.

My new blog-pal, Anno has sent me some interview guestions to answer for her... here are my answers:

1. I just read your Thanksgiving post, and despite the fact that I've already had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with a delicious wild mushroom bread pudding, I'm salivating over your corn bread stuffing. You cook. You coach soccer. You have a demanding job, and you are a dedicated husband and father. Not to mention the fact that you write thoughtful and interesting posts that happen to be fun to read. What don't you do?

I don't yodel, nor do I play the guitar. One of those things would make me very happy. I'll let you take a guess at which one.

Oh, I don't gamble, either.


2. And with all that you do, what motivated you to begin blogging?

Becuase I am a narcissist? I blog because I like to write... and I want to be heard! (and all the cool kids are blogging, too!)


3. What are five things you hope to see happen in 2008?

1. All American troops leaving Iraq

2. George W. Bush & Dick Cheney impeached, and then indicted and tried for crimes against humanity. (Surely, illegally, and immorally causing the deaths of nearly half a million people has to be worse crime than lying about a blowjob. I mean, REALLY!)

3. Dennis Kucinich, Barack Obama, Bill Richardson, Al Gore, or John Edwards, elected President of The United States.

4. The Price of gasoline to come down to something close to $2 per gallon.

5. Get my next tattoo (I want to do this by June).


4. Al Capone once famously said, "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." What's your take on the role of guns and diplomacy?

I believe that guns CAN be a part of diplomacy. Sometimes diplomacy includes talking tough. You can't talk tough if you can't fight... it's seldom effective. Having said all of that, I certainly don't think that diplomacy should go anything like this: "Do what we say, or we are invading your country"


5. Any plans for the further adventures of Hamish MacDonald and Abigail Carter?

Funny you should mention them, because I was back at it last night, while I was waiting for SoccerGirl's Brownie Meeting to end. Mac and Abbie will be back, rest assured!

14 comments:

Flower Child said...

Love your top 5 for 2008!

Alex Elliot said...

What do you mean you don't yodel?! I'm totally kidding.

soccer mom in denial said...

Oh please, please let them be impeached. Can I ask Santa for that?

And where is the GF-Yodel fund? I will donate so you can finally be happy.

Gunfighter said...

Wiseasses.

That's who reads my blog... a bunch of wiseasses who think that they are wicked funny.

Anonymous said...

Gunfighter,

I noted one of your wishes for 2008 was to see Bush-Cheney impeached-indicted-tried. I support this wish and comment you for saying what needs to be done.

My reason for writing/visiting you is to share something that is going on: An effort to help your dream come true. As you well know, the Kucinich resolution on Cheney is in Committee, but it appears Pelosi has said impeachment is off the table. Yes, there are discussions to put pressure on the Congress to investigate, but these appear to be falling on deaf ears. But there is another option. On the table.

Something else can be done to remove the last roadblock to impeachment: Creating a credible threat that unless Pelosi permits the investigation to proceed, she can be shown the door. In so many words, there's an effort underway to remove Pelosi as Speaker, and make way for impeachment. ( Details )

My reason for writing isn't just to let you know about this, but to encourage you and your friends to discuss/blog about this option. There may be some problems with this approach that others haven't thought about; or maybe you have some other ideas. Perhaps you think the idea is foolish; then again, maybe you might find the idea something you would support.

Either way, you're encouraged to keep your wish alive for 2008. It's not farfetched. There are real options being discussed to force the DNC leadership to open teh door. I hope you'll accept this comment in the spirit it is intended: That you maintain hope that something can happen; and that -- if needed -- real pressure can be put on the DNC leadership to see a trial in the Senate.

If you are interested in doing more, you are encouraged to contact your friends about this, encourage them to blog about it, and invite Kos Diarists to visit this Kos Diary and share their comments on this effort: here at Daily Kos.


Best wishes, and let's hope the barriers to your 2008 wishes are quickly swept away, and we can proceed to some accountability. Good luck, and Happy Holidays to you and your friends. Thanks again for your blog and comments about impeachment.

Melissa said...

Will you yodel whilst wearing the kilt?

And while I would love Dr. Evil and Mini-me to be impeached, I'll just have to settle for the inevitable change of hands next year. Unless they pull one of the moves that Putin is trying to pull...

Anonymous said...

Do you want me to weight in???? (maybe not)

Gunfighter said...

1. Pelosi will survive any attempts at a challenge

2. As much as I'd like to see W & Dick impeached, I have been around DC long enough to know that it won't happen.

3. Democrats need to work at securing a working majority, which we do not currently have, in the House and Senate. This won't happen if we are busy crusading instead of doing the owrk of the people.

4. The beginning of the end of the Republican majority started with the impeachement of Bill Clinton... do we want to go down that road again?

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Next tattoo? What will it be?

soccer mom in denial said...

No GF

We ahh wicked funny. And wicked smaht too!

And yes, Mrs. GF, I'd like to read what you want to say.

Desert Songbird said...

I think most people who truly love to write and are good at it, are all a bit narcissistic, don't you?

anno said...

You don't yodel? I am shocked.
I love your wishes for 2008.
I can't wait to read more of Mac & Abbie.

Thanks for playing along -- I love your responses!

Jen said...

This was so much fun to read! It was interesting to see Anno's q's for you and your answers.

And you know there's now going to be a gunfighter yodeling campaign going. snicker.

And where's your read button??

And yes, Mrs. GF, please weigh in! ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.