Tuesday, January 8, 2008

SHAME!!!

Has Senator Clinton lost her bloody mind?

Yesterday, while campaigning in New Hampshire, Senator Clinton did something that I thought only despicable and cynical Republicans did. She suggested that this country would be somehow more likely to be attacked by Islamic terrorists if Barrack Obama were elected President.

Senator Clinton, after having a weepy moment at an earlier campaign stop, took a stab at Senator Obama, who is the apparent front-runner, by suggesting that "I don't think it was an accident that Al Qaeda decided to test the new Prime Minister, immediately. They watch our elections... you are hiring a President to be there when the chips are down"

Pretty sad, Senator. It's only the second state and you are down to this. I'm not sure if you will win in New Hampshire or not, but I'll tell you this: You have given me another reason not to vote for you. I won't vote for you because you can't take pressure. There are 301 days left until the Presidential election, and you are cracking up already?

Great. I'm sure that you will be the scourge of evildoers everywhere. I am equally sure that they will all take you seriously as you issue dire threats with a quavering voice, wringing your hands.

I thought you said that you would be "ready on day one"... I'm not seeing it.

On the upside, your attack must really feel good for Dick Cheney and Karl Rove, whose playbook you must have stolen this attack from.

Shame on you. It isn't bad enough that you voted for the war. It isn't bad enough that you thought the "Patriot" Act was a good thing. You actually have the nerve to invoke the fear card.

You are despicable, ma'am. .. and you don't deserve ANY votes, let alone the nomination.

As I have said before, I have been and continue to be active in Democratic politics where I live, but I wouldn't vote for your for any reason. We already have had enough of Republicans.

11 comments:

Amie Adams said...

"...but I wouldn't vote for your for any reason. We already have had enough of Republicans."

Go GF, go GF! *as I do the white girl cabbage patch for your amusement*

Anonymous said...

If you thought that was low, check this out....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/08/clinton-surrogate-makes-c_n_80449.html

They really must be getting desperate..

eb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eb said...

Hillary is right. They do watch our elections. They will test the untested. Kennedy was tested by Khrushchev. The Russians didn't put missiles in Cuba when Ike was in office.

I agree it's desparate to bring those things up now but it's the truth. If Barack Obama is elected President he will be tested. We can only hope that he will rise to the level of his rhetoric.

I like Mr. Obama. He definitely has my vote. Then again, I'm a Yellow Dog Democrat. But I do think that voting for Obama is NOT a vote for the 'lesser of two evils.' I think it's a positive vote. A vote for something that could lead to something bigger. That's what I like most about Barack Obama.

I've also lived long enough to know that words and deeds are two different things. I also know that when it comes to politics, change is very, very hard work. Hillary Clinton has said this. Barack Obama will find out just how difficult it is to change things. If he is elected POTUS I will send him all the good vibes I have. And...I'll have a full glass of fine, red wine because I am so fucking sick and tired of the Republicans.

eb said...

P.S. - yer such a drama queen

Gunfighter said...

RB,

I know that "they" whoever "they" are, watch our elections. Everyone watches our elections... they do it for many reasons, but Senator Clinton suggests that Obama would be tested more sorely than anyone else is ludicrous.

Her point was well-taken, but the pint she was making was that it's fear-mongering time.

Right out of the Karl Rove/Dick Cheney playbook.

Jen said...

I'm not happy tonight. Current tallies are putting Clinton ahead in New Hampshire. And I don't think I'm going to make it up late enough to find out for sure. I really want Obama to keep that momentum up.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Oh, that's totally uncool. (And to think, I just gave her air time by talking about the double standard re: showing emotion.)

I like Barack and I hope he sticks it out and continues to make headway. Frankly, while I love to see a woman running and while I think we're more than overdue to have a woman as president, I'm not confident Hillary is the right woman to set the precedent here.

There you have it. My money is on Obama. As for Al-Qaeda, it doesn't matter who is in office. If they want to attack us, they will. Who is in the White House is irrelevant. IMHO.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

"despicable and cynical" ~

do you think ALL Republicans are as such ??

or just a few ... most??

I'm a registered Republian *sniff*

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Republican ~

I can spell.

Wholly Burble said...

I can see this is going to be a busy blogsite this election year LOL. As always, you put it out there, and I'm glad you do. You help point out things in a way I might not have seen it--probably because I wasn't looking hard enough at all the angles.