Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Gunfighter's Dreams (IV)



Ciao bella!

Perhaps I need to see a professional.

This morning, the alarm clock went off at 0415, like it normally does, but today, things were just a little different.

Today, the clock not only woke me from a restful slumber, it also ended an odd dream.

Have you ever dreamt about dreaming? It has happened to me more than a few times, but today's dream was special. Today, I was dreaming that I was dreaming about blogging... in Italian.

In case you are wondering... I don't really speak Italian. Oh sure, I know a few words here and there, like most people. I can say hello, goodbye, thank you, and things like that... but that doesn't mean that I can converse, much less, write. I do, however, own a few Andrea Boccelli cd's... but I don't think that counts.

No, in my dream, I was pondering about dreaming about blogging in Italian, which is just plain ol' weird!

Analysis anyone?

10 comments:

Lawyer Mama said...

No analysis here, but I've had dreams about writing or speaking German before. I speak a little but I'm certainly not fluent. Unless I'm dreaming, apparently!

And can I just say - 4:15AM??? Ugh.

Heaven said...

It's funny you mention Italian and blogging; every once in a while the archive months in my sidebar show up in Italian and sometimes Arabic. Strange.

Gunfighter said...

LM,

The beauty of getting up that early, is that I am usually in the office by 0530... which puts me out the door towards home by 1:30 or 2.

Jenn in Holland said...

I have a feeling you are channeling this blogger who is about to move from Italy to the US. That's my take anyway, since I "know" you both, and read your blog posts back to back today, that's the connection I am rolling with.

Desert Songbird said...

And here I was thinking you were channeling me. I've been having some very odd dreams for the past week, and I was pondering a blog post about them. Strange, very strange.

Must be the time of the year, GF.

cathouse teri said...

I have the strangest dreams in the universe! Just an example: when I was pregnant, I dreamt I had kittens. And they wanted to go live with a lady fish in a local pond. So I let them. But every once in awhile, they would come to the surface and visit me.

That is just a MILD example of my dreams. I've not much of an ability to interpret them (because they are so crazy!) but I used to have nightmares about a man who was trying to break in and hurt me. I would hit him (in the head) with every blunt object I could find. He would never stop.

I've never had that nightmare again since my divorce.

That ain't too hard to interpret!

Anonymous said...

Too much Italian food? I suppose "thank you" and "hello" would be more useful than the Italian, or rather Sicilian, that I know. All I know are things related too cooking - collander, soup ladel, and lots of foods - and things you say when you are really angry most of which I can't translate. That what comes of having a first generation, assimilated, Sicilian mother.

jennifer said...

Why Gunfighter, were you really channeling me without my permission?

jessabean said...

Got no clue about the dream, but I do love Bocelli!

hm-uk said...

Just a quick question...did you have food with mushrooms in it, for your supper? I've noticed that I have WACKY dreams when I have fungi later on in the day.

My favourite dream is one where I knew how to play the violin and was trying to play it in a marching band...it was a spectacular failure!!