Sunday, March 11, 2007

Famous People From Your Hometown

Do any of you come from a place that is/was the home of someone famous?

I am.

The following famous people come from my suburban hometown in New Jersey:

Ray Liotta

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Robert Wuhl

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Both of these guys graduated from the same high school as me, albeit quite a few years earlier.

Colonel David G. Burnet, who was the interim President of the Republic of Texas in 1836 and 1841, also resided in my hometown in the 19th century. Colonel Burnet was the namesake of my junior high school, which is now a middle school.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Artie Lange, who is a sidekick of Howard Stern on his radio show, is also from Union.

9 comments:

super des said...

Nobody is from my real hometown of Eureka, CA (pop. about 30,000) but lots of people are from my "2nd" hometown, Fresno. Including Cher, K-Fed (went to my high school) and lots of athletes.

wst... said...

faith ford is from my hometown. theres some more lesser famous people here.

Unknown said...

Eminem grew up in my hometown of Warren, Michigan. Neiher of us lives there anymore.

Anonymous said...

No famous people from my hometown. :( Maybe I'll be the first, someday. Hee hee.

Anonymous said...

Famous people from Grosse Pointe:
Edward Herrmann, Suzi Quatro and Sherilyn Fenn, who went to the same high school as me at the same time as me but I didn't know her.

soccer mom in denial said...

Crown Princess Masako of Japan (the one who can't seem to produce a male heir) went to my high school (before my time). For a while there would be bus loads of Japanese tourists driving through our town to view the school and her house.

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Britney Spears is from a town not too far from here......wait.....I am not sure I am proud of that....let me get back to you on that one!

Ellen DeGeneres is from New Orleans. I think she is really funny!

I am sure there are others....but I am drawing a blank!

Alex Elliot said...

The Bahai temple of North America is in my hometown: Wilmette, IL.

Grimm said...

I have Olympian Steeplechaser Mark Croghan and 1999 Playmate of the Year and Barker Beauty Heather Kozar.