Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Thinking Blogger Awards

I have been honored by Dave G., from over at My Grimm Reality, with a Thinking Blogger Award.

Apparently, some of the things that I write make Dave think. Dave was kind enough to say a few nice things about me here. Thanks, Dave!

So... since you have probably concluded your polite applause, allow me to make the following remarks:

First, I'd like to thank everyone, everywhere for making my blog possible. As you all know, no one does anything on his/her own in this business, so I would be remiss if I didn't thank all of the cast and crew for making this little hobby of mine so very, very, special.

I would also like to thank Suzanne, for showing me how to code, so that my blog would be more appealing.

Most importantly, I would like to thank Mrs Gunfighter. Not because she had anything to do with my blog, but because she is so sweet (and hot, too!). Thanks for marrying be baby!, you're the best.

Lastly, I'd like to thank the United States Marine Corps, for unleashing the killer that was always lurking within.... oh, and (Turn off that damned music! I'm almost done!) I'd like to thank Sandra Scarpato, who was my Grammar, Usage, and Composition teacher in my Senior year at Union High School. Thank you, Mrs Scarpato... looking back through the years, I now appreciate all of the time we spent diagraming sentences.(ok, NOW you can play the music!)

Back to business. This award is also a meme of sorts. It falls upon me, as an award recipient, to name 5 other blogs that make ME think. For those of you I am about to name, Please refer to the following rules:

If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think, Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

Optional: Proudly display the "Thinking Blogger Award" with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Easy enough, right?

The Thinking Black Man
Pundit Mom
Janet Kincaid
Operation Yellow Elephant
Democratic Veteran

These are smart people. They aren't the only smart people whose blogs I read, but these stand out.

I like smart people.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserve the award. I'll have to take a look at the bloggers you listed.

super des said...

I think with a name like "The Thinking Black Man" he has to get this award.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awww...
what you said about your sweet wife was SOOO SWEET!!

We wives love it when our hubbies say nice things about us!!
She's very cute, BTW.

Toodle woo,
Terri

Gunfighter said...

You like me!

You really like me!!!

PunditMom said...

GF, I'm honored! Thank you so much! I really enjoy your blog, even though I haven't been commenting much lately (I haven't been leaving comments many places the last couple of weesk).

Don't worry -- my break is a short one. Just want to get what's percolating in my head, JUST right!

Lawyer Mama said...

Congrats! You deserve it, GF!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Congratulations on your award!


I really like Punditmom's blog, too! Good choice!

The Thinking Black Man said...

Hey GUNFIGHTER !

Thanks for the award AND congratulations on YOUR RECEIVING it as well!

I saw that GRIMM put you in, and I thought that was a great thing!

I think you've got a great blog and I love your views on things! So, lets KEEP ON BLOGGIN' Brother!