Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy Hour

Hello all! Your pal Gunfighter here, to talk about Happy Hour. Not just some random Happy Hour, mind you. No, no.... I'm talking about a specific Happy Hour. As a matter of fact it was a Happy Hour that lasted for several happy hours.

Last Friday evening, several readers of this particular blog, gathered in Rosslyn, Virginia at a cool bar called "The Continental" for drinks and general mirth-making. It was a lovely group of people, and much mirth was made. In addition to the general merriment that comes from meeting people whom you only knew previously from words or a few pictures on a screen, adult beverages of varying sorts were consumed, as were a few orders of fried pickles.

You heard me.

Fried pickles.

Oh, gag if you like, but they were gooood!

While we were consuming the aforementioned beverages, and fried pickles, the conversation(s) flowed across many subjects, while really good music flowed from the speakers, which were connected to a really good jukebox.

I won't "out" any of the attendees... they can identify themselves in the comments section, if they wish, but I'll tell all of you that read this, that we had a really good time, and yours truly was honored to be in their company.

I had fun, y'all! Let's start planning the next event!

(...and next time, I'll wear a kilt)

Oh... by the way... do any of you know what this is?

No? I'll tell you: It's a Dirty Martini. That's right. A Dirty Martini. Only one was consumed on Friday night, much to the disappointment of all of the rest of us.

GF

PS: I mentioned that it was several happy hours, didn't I? Well, let's just say that I didn't get home until after 1 a.m. ... I haven't been out that late in many years.

13 comments:

Lawyer Mama said...

Dude, if I'd had another, you and Amie & Lauren would have been carrying my ass to the cab! I am such a lightweight now.

And I am soooo in for the next one. I'll start training for it immediately.

Maybe Amie & Kris should take us to Drag Queen Bingo!

Amie Adams said...

I hurt all day Saturday.

I am so not in fighting shape.

PunditMom said...

So sorry I missed the party, but not the headaches. (And cool Underdog music on the blog, GF!)

jodifur said...

I'm so sorry I missed it! I was on vacation w/ the in-laws.

Gunfighter said...

Did I mention that I had to coach soccergirl's team for her 9 a.m. game on Saturday?

Whiskeymarie said...

I think it's so great when bloggers collide.
Happy hour seems like a great way to meet other bloggers in your area (hmmm...I think I may have to plan a MN gathering. Hmmmm...).

Desert Songbird said...

I feel so deprived that I could be there. Pity that I live sooooo far away.

1:00 a.m, eh? I usually get home around 2200 hours after a night out.

jessabean said...

It was a lot of fun! I couldn't believe how easy it was to just start talking to everyone. I'll have my little post, including a picture or two, up somtime today hopefully.

Sorry you had to get home so late, but it was worth it, no? :)

Gunfighter said...

No doubt, Jess!

I had a great time! and I love your camera.

cathouse teri said...

I love a dirty martini. That's because I'm a dirty, dirty girl!

Anonymous said...

Are those pickles battered and deep-fried, deep-fried without batter or sauteed? Just curious.

Jen said...

I'm glad you all had a good time!

Anonymous said...

So... When's the next one? I'm bummed I missed the first one. But I'd been to a blogger thing on Wednesday and by Friday I was bloggered out. Lousy excuse, I know, but there you have.