I got this from my pal Anali's blog. She told me to consider myself tagged, and since I have to teach a class shortly, and have little time for weighty thoughts, I thought I would give this a go.
Please list 8-10 things about your childhood (from 1 to 12 years of age) that you miss, then the same number of things that you don't miss.
Have fun, kids.
Things I liked about childhood that I miss
1. The excitement of Saturday morning cartoons.
2. Learning to swim at the Union (NJ) Boys Club.
3. Playing water polo.
4. Watching Star Trek reruns after swimming and playing water polo.
5. Watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos on PBS every Saturday afternoon before dinner.
6. Being a Boy Scout (I would have been an Eagle Scout, but...).
7. Riding our sleds at a local country club golf course in the winter.
8. My first real crush (a girl named Cheryl whose mother thought I was really cute).
9. Michael & Brian's hot mom! (she wore tube tops and short-shorts... it was the 70's, ok?)
10. Beating the crap out of other people at Scrabble!
Things I disliked about childhood
1. Living with a single parent with addictions.
2. My 4th grade teacher (Rhoda Kaplan) for torturing me through math. She refused to believe that I just didn't understand some of the things she was talking about... the old bitch! I have scars, can you tell?
3. Being picked on for being fat.
4. Being picked on because I read a lot (they called me "Professor").
5. Being picked on because I didn't talk "black".
6. Being picked on for being a social misfit.
7. My disturbed brother.
8. Being poor.
9. Going to choir rehearsal.
10. Sharing a room with the aforementioned disturbed brother.
These are my lists. Anyone who would like to do the lists too, consider yourself tagged!