I get this same, stupid list in my email on a fairly frequent basis.
When I get it, I usually respond to all recipients in the same manner, my responses are italicized.
Here is what some people in gunworld send to supposedly like-minded people:
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
An Unarmed man is an unarmed citizen. See the U. S. Constitution
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
Only if whatever you are calling the cops for requires the use of deadly force.
3 Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.
Gun control IS about guns... and the many morons who use them.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
Yes, but most people are too chicken-shit to fight close up and personal. Guns allow physical cowards to feel strong. One thing is certain, if most people get the same amount of training as they get with guns, then most sword users will be terribly ineffective.
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
The logic of a retard.
7. "Free" men do not ask permission to bear arms.
If having a gun defines your freedom, you are missing something about our laws.
8. If you don't know your rights you don't have any.
Hmm. Is there a clause in the Constitution that will support that claim? I'm certain that there isn't. Someone point me to the relevant section, please.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
No shit. See The Patriot act.
10. The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
Somebody better remind the current occupantof the White House about this.
11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Read the whole amendment. We have a well-regulated militia. We call it The National Guard in this country. Unfortunately, too many of them are having their lives throuwn away for nothing in Iraq.
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
The second amendment is in place to make sure that we have enough soldiers to defend our country from invaders... See the American Revolution, circa 1776-1781. Didn't you read that part about "A well-regulated militia..."?
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
How many have?
14. Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.
... and poorly trained idiots tht don't know what they are doing with them.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
Guns won't bring you safety or peace... they might help, but there are no guarantees.
16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
That is true of most responsible people... but if I shoot at you, you are going to the friggin' morgue.
17. 911 - government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
Or perhaps a mechanism to call for help when you need it.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
Yeah... assault is a verb, not a noun.
19. Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson
See the answer to number 6.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
What do you think governments are for?
22. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.
You only have the rights that you are guaranteed by our constitution. If I can kick your ass, do you lose your rights?.
23. Enforce the "gun control laws" we ALREADY have, don't make more.
Why not?, afraid that someone will prevent you from buying an additional phallic symbol?
24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
Good thing our government isn't trying to do that... or have I missed something?
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
The weapons that most of the American Militias were fighting with at the beginning of the war, were issued to them by the British army for service in local and Provincial militias. Additionally, the American Revolution would never have been successful had it not been for the fact that by the middle of the war, most Americans in the Continental Army were fighting with weapons provided by France. Lastly, please don't make the historically ignorant leap that a bunch of simple farmers tossed the British out... it didn't happen that way.
26. "A government of the people, by the people, for the people..."
Which is why we hold elections, right???
IF YOU AGREE: PLEASE PASS THIS 'REFRESHER' ON TO 10 FREE CITIZENS
I disagree with most of this... but I'll be passing it on anyway.