In honor of which, I am going to ramble about things that have been on my mind. Some of these things may be of interest to you.... some of these things are likely to bore you out of your skulls:
* Today's first birthday wish came in the form of a telephone call from Olivia and Susan. Olivia sang "Happy Birthday To You (cha-cha-cha!)"
* I made a Roman Catholic Rosary last night, while I watched Boston Legal.
* I stayed up entirely too late, and as a result, I am quite punchy this morning.
* My new tattoo has healed nicely. Awesome work done by Paul Roe
* My aches ache even more these days.
* Some of my younger staff members are almost able to out shoot me. I like to think this is because I have trained them well. I believe that I have, but I cannot escape the feeling that good ol' Bill is slowing down. None of which should be construed to make you believe that I won't open an oil tanker-sized can of whoop ass on someone half my age. HAHAHAHAHA!
* I'm listening to a great CD I burned. I call it "Sleigh Rides". It is a compilation of different artists that have recorded one of my favorite Christmas songs. The artists are: Mel Torme, Jane Monheit, Lou Rawls, Ramsey Lewis, The Barenaked Ladies, Diana Krall, Ella FitzGerald, The Hampton String Quartet and, Jaymz Bee & The Royal Jelly Orchestra. One time offer... if any of you would like a recording (none of it downloaded... I own all of the original CD's), please send me your address via email, and I'll ship it in time for Christmas, Hannukah, or Kwanzaa.
* As I look over the top of my monitor, I see the Three Stooges print that Susan gave me last year. When I look at it, I laugh aloud, as I always do whenever I see or hear any references to The Stooges. I know that it is a gender specific thing, as I have never met a woman that thought the Stooges were as funny as any man I have ever met. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk!
* I like frozen pizza better than I like that shite from Domino's.
* My Dad called me on monday. Our conversation went like this:
Me: Range, Bill Gunfighter speaking.
Dad: Hey boy!
Me: Hi dad!
Dad: What are you doing at the office?
Me: Working... what else would I be doing?
Dad: Oh. Well, I just wanted to call and make sure that I didn't miss your birthday!
NOTE: My dad gets my birthday wrong every year. Either that or he forgets how old I am. It has been this way for years, but it is getting worse.
Me: Um... dad?, my birthday is wednesday.
Dad: The sixth, right?
Dad: That's today!
Me: Dad? Today is the fourth.
Dad: Oh. Well, How 'bout I call you Wednesday... maybe we can have lunch?
Me: That'd be great, dad... see you Wednesday!
* I just got a call from colleague and good pal Lisa who wished me a happy birthday.
* The last year has been an interesting time in my life. I have begun thinking about aging.
* I'm in a good place in my life.
* I love the following shows: Boston Legal, Dancing With The Stars, and American Idol.
* Rugby is still the king of world sports.
* I still look good in a kilt.
Well, I guess that's it. See? Nothing deep, nothing heavy.
Are you still awake?