Friday, June 8, 2007

Announcement!

(Roll of drums, clash of cymbals!)

My friends, I am pleased to announce the impending return of "Shoot 'em Up Friday"! That favorite feature which has been on hiatus for the last month or so, will soon return, in a new and improved format.

Let me ask you something: Do you have any CD's or old cassettes, albums, or even 8-track tapes that you REALLY hate?

Do you hate your cel phone?

Have you ever been a bridesmaid and are still holding on to that really ghastly dress?

Do you have a pair of shoes that you thought were really cute, but they hurt your feet so badly that you haven't worn them since the first time?

Is there an appliance in your home that just doesn't work anymore, or really pisses you off?

Is your computer, or your monitor, just so old or useless that it makes you consider "pulling an Elvis"?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, pay attention, because this might be of interest to you.

I don't believe those hated or non-working items should take up anymore space in your home. Further, I don't think that they are quite ready for the landfill just yet, either.

What I think you should do with them, is send them to me! That's right. Send them to me!

I want your hated and despised items!

You send me that bridesmaid dress, and I will blast it to shreds for you... as a matter of fact, depending on how you feel about it, I'll even send it back to you. Have a CD you hate? I'll shoot that, too!

When you send something for destruction, include the history of the item, or why you want it shot up. I'll post it along with the photos.

Any items sent, will be shot, by yours truly, and the photographs, both before and after, will be posted on the following Friday. Now tell, me, what other blog will provide you with that sort of gratification for the price of postge?

As things progress, meaning: when I can figure out my cool new video camera, there may even be video recordings for your destructive amusement.

Contact me via email for shipping instructions.

GF

ADDENDUM: Two things: First: This Idea was totally Mrs Gunfighter's (I told you she was smart... and sexy, but that's another story)

Second: If you send CD's, I will not only shoot them, but I will post their destruction with audio either from the CD itself, or the favorite song of the person who sent it, at their discretion.

13 comments:

super des said...

I wish we had our old toaster oven still. You know, the one that had a large dent in the side from when Craig punched it after burning his hand.

Lawyer Mama said...

That is FABULOUS!

I'm picturing the scene in Office Space when they beat the fax machine with a baseball bat, only MUCH cooler.

Heaven said...

Oh so many things ran through my head while reading this post, none of which I'm prepared to commit to in writing. But I will remember this post and get back to you. :) When I can think of something that's not illegal that is.

jessabean said...

Oh my Jesus, this made my day. I missed Shoot 'Em Up Fridays!

I will have to go home and see if I have anything for you to shoot--I'm sure I can find something!

And yes, I'd love to read your book. I need to stretch outside my preferred genres once in a while, so bring on the space travel/ballistic missiles/battlezone craziness!

Amie Adams said...

What a public service!!

I'll have to start looking around my house now. I had an awful bridesmaid dress (my SIL's wedding-uh-gly) but I put it out of its misery.

Paige said...

hahahaha. I LOVE this. Oh yes, I certainly have stuff I'd love for you to destroy. Not as cathartic as destroying it myself, but super funny.

I will certainly be taking you up on this one. lol

jennifer said...

I definitely have some shit that's yearning to be shot.
I love this idea. Hats off to Ms. Gunfighter!

Serena Woodward said...

OHHHHH......how about a picture of my ex-husband superglued to the side of an old microwave oven? *laughs* You are the coolest person I know today. *grins* Did ya see my homage to Shakespear?

PT-LawMom said...

Ooh, I love it! Your wife is brilliant. :) I'll start thinking on this...

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. LOVE. It reminds me of the old days of David Letterman where they would throw stuff off a five-story building, or one time they crushed stuff in a hydraulic press.

Melanie said...

I'm with Cori.... Many 'things' ran through my head... None of them legal though, unless of course you're into that sort of thing!

Lovely Mrs. Gunfighter is brilliant, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Me. Here. Right now. said...

So glad to see you are back with this feature--and your wife is brilliant--hope you get a lot of takers.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Shotgun Friday. How I've missed it!